Skin Care Routine (Fall '17)

As each season changes, I always add or take away items from my skincare routine to help my skin adapt to the weather. Out of all the seasons, I would say Fall time is my favorite! Now when I look in the mirror, I won't see a greasy, sweaty mess but possibly a more hydrated and dewy looking female  ðŸ˜‰

So a little info about my skin, I have a classic case of Combination skin. My T-Zone, specifically my nose, is pretty oily but the rest of my face is calm for the most part. Though my cheeks can go through times of dry patches. I'm also very, very prone to breakouts :(
Through the years, my acne has migrated thoroughly across my face. When I was in middle school, I would have clusters of breakouts around my nose. Once I was in High School, I would get them in the middle of my eyebrows (The most embarrassing spot in my opinion) then eventually they started along my chin and jawline. My acne was pretty comfortable there for about 4 years, they mainly came around during That time of the month. Recently though, my acne has found a new home, the center of both my cheeks.

The irritating thing is that my acne has become so stubborn in this area. I've been getting a lot of cystic type acne and sometimes it can take up to Two weeks for a spot to completely leave my face. I've also seen a fair share of acne scars form as the years have gone by.

For the Summer season, I was desperately looking for products that will help soothe my skin and tame my monthly breakouts. I immersed myself in dozens of articles and YouTube videos of tips and products for my problem skin. I tried changing up my diet a little bit and relying more on Whole Foods, fewer sweets, and keeping up a regular fitness routine but also I was on the hunt for a 3-5 step skin routine to help clean up all that extra dirt and grease my face accumulates throughout the day. Finally, in the Month of October, I think I cracked the case.

I've adapted the idea of a Korean Beauty Care Routine! I was fascinated with the whole 'Double cleanse' concept and the focus on hydration and glowy, pretty skin. I bought a few things from SokoGlam.com, and a few other Drugstore favorites and I have seen quite the difference. My skin looks healthy, brighter and more even-toned. My acne is beginning to clear up and I seem to look more awake when I look in the mirror in the morning!

So here's how I do my routine:

Morning:


  1. Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser - I chose this cleanser due to the fact that I wanted to try a basic gentle foaming cleanser. This is the first product I use in the morning. I wash my face for about 30 seconds with lukewarm water.
  2. MISSHA Super Aqua Pore-Kling Toner - Okay, THIS product is my new Holy Grail. I love the feel and texture of this toner. It perfectly balances my skin, gets rid of the oily spots and makes my pores feel fresh without leaving behind that tight and dry feeling like most toners I've used have done to me. I feel hydrated and perfectly clean after using this toner. I also think it's one of the attributers to my skin looking so even these days. 
  3. MISSHA Near Skin Essence Lotion - I use this Essence directly after my toner and prior to my Daytime moisturizer for extra hydration!
  4. Glossier Priming Moisturizer - Yes...I am a Glossier Fiend! I love this brand and what it stands for. This moisturizer keeps me looking glowy and is the perfect base for my simple makeup routine. 'Nuff Said!
  5. Origins GinZing Eye Cream - My dark circles are killer sometimes! This eye cream has a slight peachy tint to it to help revitalize my tired eyes and helps make me look more awake and even around my eyes :)
I'm ready for makeup once I complete these steps!

Evening

Here comes the Double Cleanse!! I only use this method in the evening to help take off all my makeup and whatever else has collected on my face throughout the day!

  1. Banila Co Clean It Zero Purity - If you're familiar with Korean Skin Care or have seen any Pinterest articles or YT vids then you've seen this product pop up a time or two. Well, it's awesome. I chose the Zero Purity formula because of oily skin and I'm also trying to try more calming products due to the super harsh and drying products I've used in the past. This is completely safe to put anywhere on your face. This helps remove my waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and layers of powder I use throughout the day.
  2. I use my Aveeno cleanser directly after.
  3. I use the Missha Toner directly after.
  4. I use the Essence lotion directly after.
  5. V-Line Sleep Mask Sleeping Pack - I use this super duper hydrating gel before bed to help reduce any bloating and keep me looking refreshed in the morning. This stuff absorbs into your skin instantly and doesn't feel too heavy for bed.
Spot Treatments: I use Tea Tree Oil from Trader Joe's as an overnight Spot Treatment to go the natural route. 

Currently on the hunt for a great weekly mask treatment! 

Hopefully, this can help you create you a solid skin routine, or help give you an idea of how to adopt a K-Beauty product or two :)

Love Liz. 



Comments