My October Favorites '17

November is here!


Beauty Favorites


  1. Missha Super Aqua Pore-Kling Toner!! My super awesome SoKoGlam find! This stuff is just awesome. I mentioned it in my 'October Skin Care Routine' post. Yet, I can't stop raving about it. This does a great job of balancing my skin and making it feel fresh and hydrated. I also love that it doesn't leave my pores feeling tight like most toners. I honestly do believe it has also attributed to how even and clear my skin has been looking lately. This is probably going to be a skin staple for a while :)
  2. Banila Co Clean it Zero Purity!! This is another great find! When I first started this using this product, I only double cleansed at night, but lately, I've been double cleansing in the mornings as well and I've seen an awesome difference. It helps to rid of any oil my face has accumulated throughout the night and after using my regular cleanser afterward, my face looks brighter and is ready to soak up the rest of my products. 
  3. Glossier Cloud Paint in Puff!! Yes....I am a Glossier fiend. I just couldn't resist their beautiful packaging, awesome marketing and of course that adorable pink make up bag received with every purchase 😍. I purchased this product a couple of weeks after it was released on the Glossier website, but it's only recently that I've started using it regularly. This product is so easy to use. You just squeeze a tiny amount onto your fingertips and blend into your cheek area and Bam, you've got glowy and natural looking pink cheeks! It's very long lasting and gives the perfect amount of color you need for any makeup look and there are four awesome shades and I just want them all! 
  4. Glossier Wowder!! Another Glossier product. This is their Wowder, which their loose powder and it really does 'Wow' me. I use this product daily and I'm obsessed. The packaging is gorgeous and it sets my make up really nicely. It really helps to mattify my T-Zone but it's also light enough to keep my skin looking dewy and fresh and it's a great product to reapply later in the day if your skin needs a little pick me up. I purchased this in the shade 'Light' and it matches me perfectly. There are three shades altogether :)
  5. L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise!! This is the most recent mascaras from L'oreal. I really do like this mascara. It separates my lashes nicely and gives me nice volume from root to tip. I purchased the waterproof formula because I'm prone to watery eyes and have an issue with smudging but this product doesn't budge! The wand is also shaped into a slight hourglass shape which is really helpful for creating volume and shape in my lashes. 
  6. Summer's Eve Aloe Wash!!  This isn't my first time trying this product, but this is my first time trying out this scent. Overall I'm a really big fan of Summer's Eve. The cleansing washes are gentle and help me feel extra clean after my showers. I also have the to-go wipes stashed in my purse just in case. The Aloe smells amazing and is very gently on my skin. 
Lifestyle Favorites

  1. Sampha!! I first discovered Sampha over the summer when I was completing my training at the Radio Station. I was doing a late night recording and I stumbled upon the digital copy we have of his debut album Process. The first track I listened to off the album was 'Plastic 100 Celsius.' My first impressions were how hypnotizing Sampha's voice sounded paired with the cool synths and harmonies. I've came across Sampha's work before due to the fact that he's signed to Young Turks, the same label as FKA Twigs, SBTRKT and The XX and he's best known for his collabs with SBTRKT, but I honestly had no idea he has created an album of his very own. As I continued my shows, I played more songs off of his album and I became obsessed with each one. He has a very distinct and fresh sound and it's nice to see him shine. My favorite track off the album is 'Blood On Me.' It has a more raw and urban sound and his melodies are to die for. Thanks for making fall time cooler, Sampha 👍
  2. Atypical!! This is my Netflix pick of the month ☺ This is a Netflix Original Series which stars Kier Gilchrist (It's Kind of a Funny story). Gilchrist plays Sam, a teen on the Autism spectrum, though he's a highly functional teen. He has his own job, travels to school, work and his therapy appointments on his own and is slowly trying to create a dating life for himself. This show is a great coming of age story. We get to see the perspectives of growing up and dating in high school, but from an 'Atypical' perspective. The humor is lighthearted but it does show a lot of struggle and heartbreak within Sam and the rest of his family. I think Gilchrist does a great job at playing a character who's on the spectrum and really breaks down the stigma. 
Well, there you have it, my October favorites. I've been loving some new things already and we're barely into the first week of November, but I promise I have a few things up my sleeve for next month. Thank you to everyone and anyone who has taken the time to read up on my obsessions. Hope you had a great October!

Love, Liz :)

Comments